AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sidedress applicator (RANT)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihman
Posted 6/10/2014 20:08 (#3912262 - in reply to #3910634)
Subject: RE: Sidedress applicator (RANT)

Bourbon, Indiana
I tend to think some on here are a little harsh but here's my 2 cents.

Some people think "I dont own it, so I don't care" when we dealt with the coop they maintained their stuff pretty good, had very few problems when we rented the toolbar but there were occasions when farmer A would bring in the tool bar and 2 shanks would be missing, hyd hose blown, and a flat tire. Coop excepted it and fixed it. Farmer B use it next after it was fixed and returned it the same shape it was in when he took it, thats how it should be. I believe they quit renting them out on account of people like farmer A, so bascially farmer B got penalized because of farmer A. Now we deal with a family company and they only rent out 28 applicators and we rented them for a few years until the demand got to the point we couldn't hardly get one before the corn was to tall, we bought our own, problem solved. The dealers should maintain them to operating condition and not let them get rented out untill maintence has been done to them. They decided to rent them out so its their fault if its not in decent enough shape to let the next guy use it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)