AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Canopy built by Saginaw tractor parts.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 6/10/2014 08:07 (#3911232 - in reply to #3910870)
Subject: RE: Canopy built by Saginaw tractor parts.

I bought one 2-3 yrs ago to mount on our old 806 which we use on a side arm mower to mow over the sides of creek banks & deep ditches, some of which are fairly steep, plus wanted the shade as well. Though they are not sold as ROPS, you'll have to find an original IH canopy for that, I think they are built strong enough that it would make a difference. Sure can't hurt.

This is the third canopy I have owned, first was an original JD on a 4020 & the 2nd was an original IH on a 756. It's built as well as either of those were. To reduce vibration /noise I cut pads out of old car tires to go between the axle housing & mounting brackets which definitely helped reduce noise level. The JD came witha piece of foam for the canopy roof. I originally didn't glue it on but the noise was so bad I did the first time after using the tractor and it made quite a bit of difference. I had our CIH dealer talk to Saginaw to see if they offered a liner for theirs & they said they were working on it but have never heard anything back. I'm going to find a piece of noise reducing material & make a liner for mine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)