AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adjusting headlights on semi trucks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Offroadnt
Posted 6/8/2014 07:32 (#3907430 - in reply to #3906688)
Subject: RE: Adjusting headlights on semi trucks

Southern Alberta Canada
Do some preliminary checks first, make sure your headlights are installed correctly, not sideways or upside down. If they have bulbs, make sure they are installed correctly. I have seen this a thousand times, almost all used equipment we've acquired over the years. Rectangular headlights are easy to install upside down, round headlights can be installed in any direction, headlight bulbs can be installed any way with a little effort, usually you will find the notches or tabs on bulbs or the hole they install in will be damaged or sheared right off. General rule with bulbs is the larger filament is close to the center and the smaller is above, if the filaments go across they need to be horizontal. If the sealed beam assemblies or bulbs are not installed correctly no amount of headlight adjusting is going to fix it.

Same rules for trucks, set hi beam only, low beam works properly when high beam is set. My favorite way to do it is to set them up against wall, make sure they are straight ahead then fine tune them while parked on the road or field. Cover one light, adjust the other up and down until you achieve maximum range then do the same with the other. Double check against wall to make sure low beam shines down and to the right then your set.

I set everything around here, tractors, loaders, cars trucks etc. that is the most overlooked thing by dealers, mechanics, operators, almost everyone yet they are one of the most important safety and even stress reducing features on equipment when setup and used properly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)