AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/2/2008 07:04 (#389203 - in reply to #388088)
Subject: RE: ez boom

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The valve cal settings consist of four numbers. In my above post I only addressed three of them. The fourth value is the "percent tolerance" that you desire.

This value defines how "close" is "close enough". If for example you have it set for 3%, the system will not try to adjust the flow control valve unless the applied rate compared to the target rate is off by more than 3%.

Setting this value lower should in theory, "tighten up" your swings. In reality attempting to get the applied rate to exactly match the target rate may actually produce less desirable results as the control valve will be "hunting" a lot more.

If your target rate is set at 10 GPA and the acceptable range is set at 3% then 9.7 - 10.3 GPA would be the range of values that are considered within the acceptable range and no control valve adjustment would be made. In my opinion this should be very acceptable.

These values that I am talking about refer to the Valve Cal. These numbers default to values that are normally acceptable to help you get going but can be fine tuned.

The number that you entered from your flowmeter is the meter cal. This number tells the system how to convert the pulses created by the spinning turbine into a more usable measurement such as gallons.

The number stamped on a Raven flowmeter are the number of pulses produced when 10 gallons of water went through that flowmeter. For an EZ-Boom system you enter that number so you have done that step correctly. The numbers that I refer to for valve response are found on a Spray application menu

Edited by tedbear 6/2/2008 07:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)