AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

no till soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

supertiquer
Posted 5/25/2014 15:48 (#3886540 - in reply to #3886506)
Subject: RE: no till soybeans

central, Il.
hf213 - 5/25/2014 15:16

I got 2 fields about the same way, but mine are the wet spots and where water layed or on the ends where the compaction is, I am going to wait another week yet, so that will be 3 weeks for me, I picked and scratched again today while scouting and spot spraying with the ATV, I got some / lot that are still coming yet, so thats why I am pulling on my patience pants,and we are starting to get the needed heat finally. last 2-3 days has done wonders here.

for me I am planning on just dropping the planter or drill where needed and then get out, the rest look ok

I too think a shower would bring the rest, but I dont want any rain so I can finish, and to at least let my buddies and other guys get started planting beans.

If I may ask, did you happen to use Valor XLT for a pre ? Great chemical for weed control, but personally I think it is causing some of my issues...just asking and not trying to stir trouble.

Thanks, Good luck and weather to you

Rog

No Valor. I did use Sonic, touchdown and 2-4d for burndown. We added the Sonic because this farm has a cocklebur problem on it. It is the first time I have used it. It was all put on at least 2 weeks before planting. It's really a shame because I don't think I have ever seen my notill beans go in the ground so nice.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)