AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 4900 Planter: Pursuing Legal Remedy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mschultz
Posted 5/14/2014 13:01 (#3869882 - in reply to #3869857)
Subject: RE: Contact the manufacture before you contact IowaGrain

Oregon
First, we need to be clear - you know a lot more about this product than I do because you own one. And you had to get a crop in while dealing with these issues and that causes a lot more stress then anything else. I'm sure that I would be mad as [swearing apparently not allowed on NAT].

That said, I agree with you 100% if - IF - Kinze is not responding to your concerns and making the planter perform as it should perform, you SHOULD seek a legal remedy. I am not familiar with product liability statutes in your jurisdiction. But as a general matter, if a product can not be made to perform the function for which it was purchased, one may have a claim for defective manufacture / defective design.

However, if Kinze is responding, I hope you give them a chance to cure any defects and resolve any issues perhaps not sufficiently addressed by your dealer.

You know more about what Kinze is doing to resolve the matter. They have always been good to work with in my experience. And it sure seems like their VP is taking this seriously. I hope that is the case so you end up with a planter that meets your reasonable expectations.

So yeah- if the manufacture does not address the issues as they are obligated to address them under both the terms of the warranty and under any protections afforded consumers in your jurisdiction, go get 'em. But until you have given the factory a chance to work with you, I think they deserve that chance. The laws in your jurisdiction likely afford the manufacturer the same opportunity.

Last- I want to be clear about this fact: You know a lot about the unit you own. I know nothing about the unit you own. And for what it is worth, I'm sorry you had to deal with all those problems when getting the crop in. I hope everything gets resolved so you have a solid unit for next season.

-Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)