AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Row cropping with boxcar Magnum?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

shorty
Posted 5/12/2014 10:39 (#3865603 - in reply to #3865521)
Subject: RE: Row cropping with boxcar Magnum?

You're right, turning from long rows to shorter rows is easier. Problem is both ends of the field aren't always the same in relation to working from one direction or the other. Ends can go back and forth as they follow a creek or some other obstacle. I do have some square fields, but even some of them have to be farmed with the terraces which puts you out at an angle again.

The more I think about it, when you make a light bulb turn with a pull type implement the outside edge of the implement usually stays basically inside the outside tracks of the tractor. So if you're turning up against a fence you can use the whole 60' and almost rub the fence with your dual. With a 3pt cultivator, your going to be far more limited if you don't want to tear out your neighbors fence.

I think I was just trying to find someone to tell me that yeah they do it and get along great. I really wanted to be able to justify buying one, buy I think I knew it wouldn't be ideally suited.

I had a 7250 with 16.9-30's once and while it was a great tractor with it set on 64" it was a struggle just making the turn out of the driveway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)