AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Popup starter in warm soils does it pay $$$??!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 5/10/2014 09:16 (#3862025 - in reply to #3861226)
Subject: RE: Popup starter in warm soils does it pay $$$??!!!

ecmn
we were trying to start a dairy farm, milk price went into the tank way below production cost. we thought if we stay to fight it out how many years are we going to be borrowing against. or we could just sell the cows and crop farm the land. don't have enough acres to live off the land so I do off farm work.

excuse? excuse me but there was no "excuse" it wasn't an easy decision and it sucked costed us a lot of money. we were certified organic and held on as long as we could. the organic dairy market was just getting going in the area and the only coop that would take milk wasn't very organized, one day they say we are next to get on the truck and then I call in to see whats the schedule and they put others ahead of us. after 1 year of there bs and the low conventional prices we had had enough struggling and wanted to get on with our life.

as far as the organic crops, the price was there but our climate made organic row crops very difficult. between crab grass and quack grass were very strong early season dominate growers and late season fox tail soybeans were almost impossible,

had I had more years to try other things I know I could have made it work. but at what cost?

as far as your magic fish products you talk about they are just an organic or natural source of NPK.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)