AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what sprayer to buy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 5/10/2014 06:56 (#3861837 - in reply to #3861468)
Subject: RE: what sprayer to buy

Coles County, Illinois
I run a Hardi but there's a lot of good choices out there. I like the Hardi because of the diaphragm pump pretty well eliminates a sprayer controller if you stay in the same gear. Yes replacing broken parts is expensive but maintaining the system is cheap as all fittings have replaceable o-rings.

Some features to consider:
Boom length 3X planter width. (maybe 5 times if you're 6 row narrow).

Calibrated sight tube for partial fills. Visible from tractor while spraying. I have a 650 gallon sprayer. I like to dump full containers of herbicides. So if a package is for 11.5 acres and I'm spraying 15 gallons per acre then I need to add 517.5 gallons for 3 packages and adding 34.5 acres of capacity. I also don't need to run the system completely empty.

Cruizer II instead of foam marker. Get a guidance unit that paints the applied area and is controlled by the boom being on. This allows one to double check that the rate is correct. If I started a field with 450 gallons @ 15 gallons/acre and the Cruizer II says I've sprayed 20 acres, I should have 150 gallons in the tank.

Ball shutoff valves.

Chemical inductor with volume indicator. Better mixing of chemicals and mine has a ring in it to rinse the walls with spray solution When adding AMS I can just dump a bag into the inductor. The ring keeps the AMS flowing into the system. The volume indicator is nice for bulk chemicals.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)