AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Plains wheat pictures of our "good" wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 5/9/2014 15:02 (#3860969)
Subject: More Plains wheat pictures of our "good" wheat

Texas/New Mexico Stateline

If you guys are sick of hearing about the drought, well, you clicked on the thread. This is our best patch of wheat. Since the 2012-2013 wheat didn't come up, this field has been basically fallowed a couple years and it shows.

This first picture you can see a line angling through the field.  I can't remember for sure, but I think I had tilled the left side, and got a rain before I finished the field.  Since it was loose, it caught a little more rain.   10" drill spacing here.  It was sowed twice because the first time it did not come up very well.

Looking across the rows in a thin spot:

In a little "better" spot here.  Might make 3-5 bu. if it will go in the combine.

The heads look pretty good, and are starting to fill.

Looks much better when you look back into the morning sun!  Almost looks respectable:

Here is a really good area.  You can see the darker green in the foreground, changing to lighter green in the distance.  This corner is flat and holds a little water when we get a shower.  We had ONE big rain last summer, and this corner stood in water.  Just shows what a couple inches of good rain would have done.

This is what the rest of the wheat looks like, Zero, Zip, Nada.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)