AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Popup starter in warm soils does it pay $$$??!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 5/9/2014 10:19 (#3860641 - in reply to #3859673)
Subject: RE: Popup starter in warm soils does it pay $$$??!!!

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
i dont understand why the frustration and why people are upset with me, I do not want a npk blend on top of my seed, i dont sell anything so why do i need to share replicated data with somone who puts down what i believe. i make most of my own product, and most of it comes from its very own feild, its not something you buy from somone, its not something you get rich selling, and its not something that is going to work on your farm, casue its derived on my farm for my farm and you have to derive your own for your farm. this isnt that hard, I cant make a product to fix somone elses problem, i can only address my problem. some people want to put down what i do just casue im not explaining what i am doing, but there is no guarentee it will work on your farm so go make your own product that works on your farm, I guess my theory to the npk blends is if you get a response from a npk popup, that is more then a quart per ac application rate then you dont have your soil nutrients built up to the levels needed, and for some in rented cases or whatever may not want to do that, and the popup blend they choose is making them money as some other posts have pointed out. that is their decision and what makes sense for their farm, i am not putting that down, but i do not want that. i apologise if i mislead. my planter is a planter and a incubator, not a fertilizer applicator. plant helath is my biggest goal with the planter, fertility is addressed with other trips, some people choos to apply everything with the planter but thats not possible for me, I measure plant health with a refractometer and the reason I do that is because i have seen bugs crap themselves to death because the plants they were eating had so much sugar in them. a bugs body is over 75% water and some bugs are as much as 85% and giving them a meal which makes them loose can kill them and thats the goal. most people who disagree with the statment have never seen helathy plants. if you are comparing alfalfa at 2% brix and then the stuff that looks healthy is 4%, guess what it wont work till brix are at least 12-13%. the farmer who doesnt have the refractometer and isnt testing will often put this down and go ahead, keep doing things your way and I will go my way.

I really disrespect the post about how I have no weed probs, no bug probs, no fungal problems, thats not true and your exaagerating a little too much, yes that is the goal, but probably wont happen unless you are just farming a garden, and then what do you do when you have 20 cloudy days, the point is it will never happen, mother nature will always throw curveballs at every farmer to show she is in control, but i like the odds when she throws the curve ball at a plant with 13% sugars vrs 3% sugars.

as for the recipe of what I think is best, it has been changed, altered, improved, slammed down, trried again, and again, and again, and there is no way in the world I would ever say I have it figured out BUT i think im getting closer or better at least, the reason for saying that i dont want npk in my furrow is simply becasue plant helath went up as i removed them and replaced them with natural or more natural products. just like the best soft rock has the lowest analysis, so does the in furrow product.

as for learning something, step one, read somone else's posts who is hopefully older, more successful, wiser, and more similar to what your doing, if you want to spend 20 years of your life chasing bacteria's, and digging up plants and have your farm shop smelling like a brewery for the last 20 years then i might have something you can learn but i dont think even 1 % of the readers on here are up for that. the answer is on your farm, and anyone from another farm telling you they have the answer is most likely wrong. soil and tissue tests will help but the answer still lies in your farm.

One thing that i think will teach somone alot about in furrow application is to watch a hydroponic tomato grower. wow can you learn alot from them and if you want to make it more of a challenge try it organic, plant health and ergs is everything to them guys and there is so much to learn from them guys.

Finally to clear up confusion, I am not putting breast milk on top of corn!!!!!!!! good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)