AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you run for starter fertilizer in corn and why?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 5/7/2014 12:21 (#3857591 - in reply to #3857550)
Subject: RE: What do you run for starter fertilizer in corn and why?

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
as always I will ask have you considered fish, time and time again you will get more nitrogen in your plant by establishing root system to capture nitrogen that you have applied to the soil rather then just putting more nitrogen on or putting it closer to the seed. fish is not corrossive to you $200000 planter, i have put as much as 75 gal per ac of fish on top of corn, beans and wheat with no hurting germ, Fish serves as a great carrier, catalyst, and you can even use it to lubricate your roller chains(yes double purpose). most wont even consider it cause they only think with a n,p and k mind, but i think you have already learned you can only get so much with more n, p, and k. I buy water soluble micros that soil test calls for and add them and then also add them to a dry blend also. I feel i eliminated my fungal problems by building my copper numbers within two years, I add part of my soybean innoculant to my fish and it aids in keeping the inoculant cool when it gets to be so hot at the later warm part of bean planting season. yes it smells, but those little critters in the soil like that smell and those little critters are what will protect your seed from the bad little critters that make you loose sleep. Just some thoughts from a stay at home dad whois having a blast today
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)