AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Polaris Ranger Factory Radio
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/3/2014 08:45 (#3851329)
Subject: Polaris Ranger Factory Radio

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I bought a 2013 Polaris Ranger last year. This week I had the local dealer install a genuine Polaris radio for the Ranger. It was overpriced but the speakers fit in nicely. The radio itself comes with a new dash plate and looks official.

The problem is that the radio doesn't get decent FM reception. We have lots of FM stations in the area most of which are clear as a bell with any of my other radios. This setup has a powered antenna which is a rectangular enclosure which is stuck to an area slightly below the windshield under the hood. I suspect this is part of the problem as this is quite low but other low end FM portable radios are able to get decent reception at this height.

I guess I could try a genuine external antenna. This would involve removing the radio mounting area and attaching a real antenna in place of this powered thing. It would be subject to abuse from low hanging trees etc. but might be an option. Anyone else have one of these radios? Are you getting decent FM reception?

On an older Sony radio that I have in a Truck, there is a feature to "numb down" the reception for multi-path problems in the big city. If I push that button my FM reception drops way off in the radio. Is it possible that this radio has some type of feature like this that I've activated accidentally?

What does the word LOUD on the display mean? With some other radios there is a Loudness Compensation for low volumes that bumps up the bass. This feature can be turned ON/OFF. I don't see any way to get the word LOUD to disappear.

The owner's manual is a typical Chinese translated to English scheme where things are not explained very well.

The Polaris radio has a USB input as well as AUX. The USB port works fine with a real USB stick and also an old Walkman. The song titles are displayed on the radio. Various features such as INTroduction, Random etc. seem to work as advertised.

I was not expecting super quality with this system, but I'm disappointed at this point. Any experience would be appreciated. There are a few others in the area. I will check with them on their reception.

Edited by tedbear 5/3/2014 08:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)