AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where to sell pickup with bad engine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Detroit
Posted 5/3/2014 00:51 (#3851010 - in reply to #3850920)
Subject: RE: Where to sell pickup with bad engine?

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
tommyw-5088 - 5/2/2014 21:45

Detroit - 5/2/2014 19:32

I've got a 04 Chevy 2500 with a bad diesel engine No compression. $9800 for dealer to fix it. I don't have time to screw around with fixing it and being down with no truck at planting so I'm going this weekend to start looking around at new trucks.

Spent all day today getting all my stuff out of it and I washed it up so it would look decent in pictures. I will list it on Craigslist locally but I'm not sure where else to try to sell it.

The truck is a 4 door 4 wheel drive with 152-153k miles on it. Fairly clean with a little trailer rash on the right rear quarter panel but straight otherwise. It would probably be worth keeping it to fix but I don't have the time to mess with it right now and could use the money towards the new one.

I'm not even sure what price to list it at. Running trucks similar to it here are listed at $15k and up. It's not a $15k truck running I don't think but I don't want to give it away either.

Any ideas?

Who is the local diesel pickup mechanic ,?,My friend has a shop and buys non-runners to fix and sell .

I had it towed to the local Chevy dealer. Send me an email if you want with his info and we can talk. I'm open to anything right now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)