AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any brighter headlights for a 1486
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 5/1/2014 09:26 (#3847896 - in reply to #3847836)
Subject: RE: Any brighter headlights for a 1486

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

Well, Dad and a neighbor purchased this combine used around the 1990s, so they(the lights) may have been changed before that, I don't know. Dad has purchased the other half of combine about 4 years after the purchased.(Neighbor retired)

I know this combine has a beefier alternator also. It may also be 125 amp, I would have to double-check. I do remember I bought a new one, from the starter/alternator place, verses rebuilding old one. Put a new pulley on it, too, with new belts. (I do use a relay, for that 72 amp LED light, in the center = hooked directly to battery, triggered by the center light on catwalk)

I've read about these warm light switches, on JD combines, but haven't had an issue. I did disassembly and clean connections and buss bar at firewall, last year. Had trouble with one circuit breaker, twice.(even the new ones, from JD failed, contacts looked a little uneven and burnt inside=lack of contact) I also, pulled plastic dash cover(about 4") and vacuumed behind gauges and snugged any connections back there also.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)