AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any brighter headlights for a 1486
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hobby farmer IN
Posted 5/1/2014 07:09 (#3847605 - in reply to #3846745)
Subject: RE: Any brighter headlights for a 1486

Northeast Indiana
NEILFarmer - 4/30/2014 20:26

4WD, mind showing a link for what you have and where on your 1066 and 20 combine. I have both of those jobs on my list for fall. I'd like LED in the front of 1066 and one rear light. It's all factory, late black stripe 1066 without a cab. Are they all the PAR 36 4.5" LEDs? I wouldn't ask but you mentioned you did some on the cab and made it sound like fronts were different, or did you just run out?

On combine i'm 99% sure the PAR 36 4.5" is what i need, is that what you tried? I have a few 80 watt hella halogens i'll probably leave on 7720 but at this point i don't see reason not to change them all out. I'm really maxing out the electrical system and i have all kinds of relay systems to keep halogens working but if i get LED i can rip all that off of combine and get it little cleaner. And maybe i won't kick my autosteer out at night when i flip the lights on.

Thanks.

Double check your volt's as the gauge on our 7720 was malfunctioning. We ordered a cheap $2 volt meter that plugged in to the cigarette lighter, turns out we were running fine.

We have 2 PAR-36's on the top rail in front of the engine, and another five across the bottom. We also replaced the 3 on the side of the cab, the three on the side of the engine compartment, the grain tank, and the auger light with PAR 36's. With all 12 up and running the volt meter is still at 12.8. As for brightness, we haven't had a chance to test them at night, but standing in front you cant look at the cab without blinding yourself, so we're pretty optimistic.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)