AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any brighter headlights for a 1486
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 4/30/2014 21:02 (#3847034 - in reply to #3846745)
Subject: RE: Any brighter headlights for a 1486

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

NEILFarmer - 4/30/2014 19:26 4WD, mind showing a link for what you have and where on your 1066 and 20 combine. I have both of those jobs on my list for fall.

I'd like LED in the front of 1066 and one rear light.

It's all factory, late black stripe 1066 without a cab. Are they all the PAR 36 4.5" LEDs? I wouldn't ask but you mentioned you did some on the cab and made it sound like fronts were different, or did you just run out? On combine i'm 99% sure the PAR 36 4.5" is what i need, is that what you tried? I have a few 80 watt hella halogens i'll probably leave on 7720 but at this point i don't see reason not to change them all out. I'm really maxing out the electrical system and i have all kinds of relay systems to keep halogens working but if i get LED i can rip all that off of combine and get it little cleaner. And maybe i won't kick my autosteer out at night when i flip the lights on. Thanks.

I'll try and answer that question, better. On Dad's old 1973 IH 1066 with cab, the two front grill lights are just two wire lamps, at 35 watt (4411 lamps, I believe). The two lower lamps, for field work, down by the cab steps, were also 35 watt and 4411 lamps.

For the combine, my initial LED lights, LAST YEAR, came from XK Glow; I currently, only see the 72 watt one, today. But after E-mailing Durallymax, there are some less expensive options, in today's marketplace, for these higher power LEDs. I need to do some more "shopping"; if and when I decide for larger LEDs. I felt Larsen lights, for these PAR 36 (18 watt replacements) was worth a try; plus this farm still has older JD 4020 and JD 3010, that could use them, If they underperformed on the slightly bigger tractors.

I'll add a link to XKGlow, for the heck of it, too.

http://www.xkglow.com/72_watt_high_power_offroad_flood_led_work_light_p/xk061072.htm

About the combine, I feel it is going to require some higher power LEDs, to replace 60 watt OEM lamps. Yes, it is going to change the factory look of the combine, that will have to wait until Summertime.

Edited by 4WD 4/30/2014 21:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)