AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CO-OP Strikes Again!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

PeteMN
Posted 4/29/2014 13:49 (#3843904 - in reply to #3841206)
Subject: RE: CO-OP Strikes Again!

E.Central MN
Paid for someone's mistake last year. Discussed soil tests with dealer for fields I'd plant to corn. Planting got delayed/fertilizer was tight. Got fit to work up fields so I called the dealer. They said it would be better if I only did a couple fields so they could keep more guys going. Ok, some fields are ready. A couple days later they came to start applying so I pointed out the fields and when they got one field done I got in the tractor to work the fertilizer in. The fields that were ready were nearby so I saw the applicator finish. Planted a few rounds and it rained hard. Two weeks later I drove by a different field just to see how wet it was, thinking I should switch it to beans. I noticed some tracks that looked like a fertilizer spreader had gone across the stalks. What the heck? Drove to the dealer, you didn't spread fertilizer on the other fields? Yeah, he did it right after he did the first fields. WTF Well the applicator had gotten caught up so he thought he was doing us a favor. It wasn't even worked up yet? The applicator did say something....but was told go ahead, he was sure I was going to plant corn there. Shoot, I should have worked it deep before you put the herbicide/fertilizer down? What about the herbicide? I had never used it before, they suggested it to reduce resistance. Will that herbicide give me a problem if I plant beans? No, I don't think it will work to plant beans. It got pretty quiet after that. I paid for that extra fertilizer(about 30 acres worth) and planted corn very late. Figured worse case I did get the fertilizer despite the circumstances, maybe it was a miscommunication. Germination sucked/yield sucked, we combined it late December. I called them last fall to pull soil samples on bean ground and that didn't get done. Might as well have the coop do it...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)