AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

melting 46-0-0
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lacockcattleco
Posted 4/28/2014 08:19 (#3840936 - in reply to #3840586)
Subject: RE: melting 46-0-0

N.E. MT
Some of the research that I have read most done in CA on produce type crops claims that the N is as much as 500% more usable. For me these are the pros, higher dollar return per lb of N, Less lost in the soil, more efficiantly used by the plant, would help keep the soil toxcity low, with flood irrigation I think a lot of what we broadcast gets washed to deep to retrieve, also I have a nice high wheeled pull type sprayer and my broadcasting cart is mostly a pos and not high wheeled and inacurate. I don't have a double shoot drill (can't afford) so I can only put down a small amount of starter with my wheat seed, the folular can be applyed at the same time as herbicides saves me a trip over the feild, with 110ft booms less tracks on feild. Also in case of drought year you can save the fertilizer if need be or apply more as it rains. I have used a lot of store bought folular and the results are pretty noticeable the only problem is the high cost. I don't think I will have trouble making it or applicating, just mostly a little nervous about leaf burn/miixing with herbicides was curious if anyone else has tried this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)