AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

30inch beans in the north
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NWNODAK
Posted 4/27/2014 21:28 (#3840332 - in reply to #3840263)
Subject: RE: 30inch beans in the north

NWND
vailcat - 4/27/2014 20:11

I'm the closest here to you nw. Just get them planted whatever way gets all your crops in quickest. I bought a second 1890 to get wheat done sooner this year in turn getting to beans even quicker whole hog but..... We only have 16 acres done and my new drill gets here this week thankfully! Ordered last july had original build date ofay 15th but its done should have soon. As others stated try to do your best first then maybe save worst ground for last. Maybe try and harrow it up good and half black. Will get those rows to close quicker. Have had 30" rows never canopy in cooler years or in heavier stubble. Drop 165 with your planter I'd say and just go. When the drill frees up run them side by side and see what works best this year.

Holy buckets your back vailcat. Yeah im not saying i want to do 30s but if i have to, to get the crop in quicker this year i will. Was just wanting to hear some pros and cons of both ways. I know we have discussed before but its always good to get new info from others. Its wet up here and cold. Good luck to u.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)