AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

kmag vs 0-0-60
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 4/25/2014 18:10 (#3836160 - in reply to #3836129)
Subject: RE: kmag vs 0-0-60

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
i would want to see some soil tests first but dont count out k mag, one thing often overlooked about k mag is it is around .8% copper, that isnt much but on a ton that is 16 lbs, which is worth about $25 per ton. copper has helped alot of my acres in 7 differant states and alot of the soil tests i have seen from your area would call for copper also. the other thing I like about k mag is its a more round about fertilizer then 0-0-60. I like what brad says in the post above but I tend to look at soil balancing a little differant. first of all k mag is useful cause it provides nutrients in a crop uptakeable balance. (if that makes sense) on brads soil with low calcium and high magnesium and lack of potassium a 20 to 40 lb application of k mag will provide more yeild then most think. In your soil I think it will take more but your response will be greater. When you look at your soil test, and see a high number, dont assume it is all available, magnesium is a burger, some soils will have a excess but availability is zero and a application of k mag will provide some magnesium and that will pull magnesium into the plant that was not available before. I can go on and on, cargil has one of my articals about k mag and it was 5 pages long but I wont bore you, but the point is dont count out k mag. good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)