AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tire Clearance on 1590 No-till Drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 4/25/2014 06:35 (#3835161 - in reply to #3834788)
Subject: RE: Worry about something else . .. .

central - east central Minnesota -

WildcatWillie - 4/24/2014 21:24 I upgraded tires on my JD 1590 drill, from implement tires to stubble-proof, flotation tires. Tire dealer urged me to try Galaxy 31.5X15 tires because they are a lot cheaper than Firestones. Firestones that come as OEM on the drill have two-inches of clearance (see picture). On the Galaxy tires, there is only about a half-inch of clearance between the tires and the frame. Should I worry there won't be enough clearance with the Galaxy tires?

Don't fret it . . . . there's nothing to worry about.

I have new galaxy 31.5x15's on my 750 drill (Same set up as your 1590) and there's plenty of clearance for them.

Will mud get in there? It's possible, but - where are you going to be continuously planting in mud to make it a problem ?

Rock wedging in there ? Knock on wood - hasn't been a problem for me since '98, when I got my drill.

I just put on a set of those tires last year (had firestones from factory - same width), they (galaxy) didn't preform very well for one season in corn stubble . . . . . . . .

Give an up date on tire performance, if you are in corn stubble, for wear . . ..

My email is in profile, if you don't want to post on here ~

Thanks

Edited by iseedit 4/25/2014 06:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)