AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does this give manure it's advantage?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 4/24/2014 22:46 (#3834979 - in reply to #3832800)
Subject: RE: Does this give manure it's advantage?

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
jocoshar23 - 4/23/2014 21:07

IowaMark - 4/23/2014 05:09

I have no idea what your white texture is but do know the hog manure is better then any commercial fertilizer you can buy. I call mine liquid gold. I wish I had enough to cover 100% of all my corn crop acres every year.

The deal with manure is that you are typically applying a couple thousand gallons per acre, gets a high load of nutrients. So I guess I don't agree with you. I'll bet you would see as good of a response to commercial fertilizer if you apply pound for pound what you are getting in manure. Other than usually a cost advantage, the only thing manure is going to give you that commercial cannot is the bacteria, fungi, and biologicals.

I have seen guys apply very expensive manure too, because apication isn't as consistent and hauling costs eat up more than they could have had commercial put on. When your manure costs you 160 bucks an acre in application, you better be getting some high quality manure.

I respectively disagree with you. Last fall I had my hog manure custom applied 3000 gallons an acre for a total cost of $39.00 an acre. This is on soybeans stubble going into corn only. I did have some hauled to another farm for an additional charge for road time. I never apply any additional commercial fertilizer. This farm where the majority of my manure is applied I have a APH of 212 on my corn & 69.5 APH for my soybeans.

I'd like to know what kind of commercial fertilizer including all application cost year in and year out and have a APH for both corn and soybeans for a cost of only $39 @ year on corn and nothing on soybeans. I know my other farms can't even come close to getting yields like this for this kind of cost.

I stand by my statements I call my manure liquid gold and I wish I had enough hog manure for all my acres.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)