AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wet corn in a bin??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ilikegolfguy
Posted 4/23/2014 12:57 (#3832088 - in reply to #3830467)
Subject: RE: Wet corn in a bin??

Velva, ND
BJ - Here's my story... 7 Ring 36' CMC bins with 2-10hp fans with Bin Manager. Corn went in at about 23-24 starting late October and I got the top dried to about 22-23 and the bottom about 17-18 when I froze it up. Took 3 loads out of each bin to core them right away and then leveled and had about 5.5 rings full over the winter frozen. Corn kept very well over the winter. Took 4 loads out of each bin over the winter months until load restrictions came on so ended up with about 4-4.5 rings full when I turned the fans on again the end of march. Turned the fans on manual mode until fronts pushed through which took about 2.5 weeks. (rain, snow and sleet during that period). Now bin manager is in auto mode trying to level the moistures out. Currently with 4 rings and 3 sensors reading my moistures are 12.9% on bottom and 15.3% on top. As mentioned before by other members is the key to maintaining corn is to make sure you are level after each time you take grain out. I have a neighbor kid who leveled the bins for me and took him about 1.5 hrs a bin but I was happy and he was happy to get some cash.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ilikegolfguy 4/23/2014 12:59

(binman.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments binman.JPG (59KB - 45 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)