AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn on corn on blow sand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

stripfarmer
Posted 4/21/2014 19:25 (#3829147 - in reply to #3829106)
Subject: RE: Corn on corn on blow sand

west central wisconsin

Where does your P come from.  And stupid question, but when you ask about "B"   all I come up with is Boron.  I can easily add some 28% to my starter, but have been cautioned about S.  We have a Deere 1760NT wit single disc fert openers, and there is no room to move them, but it does look close to 3" but is 2" for sure, I will have to drop it to the ground and actually measure, as this planter is new to us, and so is liquid starter.  

This is our last year on this piece of ground, long story, or we would be hauling some dairy manure to it even though it is 5 miles from home.  We purchased a fertigation pump last summer to spoon feed Thiosulfate and 28%.  When we got this piece of ground, the pH was 5.2 and it was pretty much left for dead.  We have limed it and added more than we removed, but it is just a sand box.  The pH should be about neutral now.  I had planned to spread 100 lbs. of potash, 100 of urea, and 50 of AMS tomorrow, but can change that still.  

I appreciate the input very much, and want to go out with a Bang on this field.    

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)