AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Top Dressing N on beans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 4/21/2014 11:06 (#3828611 - in reply to #3828396)
Subject: RE: Top Dressing N on beans?

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
i did alot of this when i grew beans, i bought a 1286c with a 60 ft air max on it and then put liquid tanks on it also. i used it to post spray and apply dry at the same time. corn was a no brainer of what to do with 34-0-0, but beans was a learning curve. the battle with the beans is the fertilizers that work great are very hydroscopic and it is very humid at that time of the year. the last time i did it with the most success was to apply 21-0-0-24 when i did post spray(round up beans) and then come back at pre flower, not flower and do a second trip with a foliar of fish, copper, and all kinds of stuff, and then the dry was 34-0-0 with some 21-0-024 which was very touchy and time sensative and must be spread quick it it is humid. the thing to do when this second trip came along was to ignore the lightbar or guiedence and just drive in the same tracks, who cares if you miss a spot its not the end of the world and then if you are driving over alot to do a little 3 cornered patch dont do it was my theory. I sold the machine to the guy who was helping me with it and stopped growing beans cause i cant harvest them but good luck and hope it works for you. i think the best advice would be to study the reaction your fertilizer has on the plant more then the pounds of n,p, or k you are putting on. make sure you understand your anions and cations before you try to make more beans or bigger beans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)