AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can the S/N on an old SM Farmall be looked up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/21/2014 07:30 (#3828271 - in reply to #3827374)
Subject: RE: Can the S/N on an old SM Farmall be looked up

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ron - that "M" looks virtually identical to Dad's. We had a permanent hammer mill in the old granary (discarded Railroad boxcar which was very popular around here) run with a belt as well. Later this was replaced with a "BearCat" brand hammer mill on wheels. We ground a lot of feed with it as well as corn cobs for bedding. Even some hay at times.

Yes, the gas would spill out of the tank and discolor the paint. I think Dad even sprung for the gauge type later on. Dad's platform extension was made out of two pieces of wood which were cut to match the contour of the rear end cover plate. There was a piece of angle iron that went across the back to tie them together. There were some specially made bent brackets that utilized the bolts holding the hitch to the axle to support the front of the platform. With Dad's homemade wooden fender extenders, they had the advantage of moving the fenders out, but also up the thickness of the oak wood that he used to make the extenders. Seemed like we put some "spacers" under the wood as well to raise them up even higher to make them more effective.

On my "H", I have an alternator and didn't do anything with the original starter which has seemed to last although I don't use it much.

Thanks for the memories!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)