AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best and quietest row crop cultivating tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

No Till 2
Posted 4/19/2014 17:33 (#3825358 - in reply to #3825107)
Subject: RE: Demos

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I started out in a 5020 JD Diesel w/cab! Now that would be culture shock for many. I survived w some of my brains and hearing left and wish to preserve what's left. Goodness, I can still hear all those 6 cylinders firing! What a pulling muledeere though!

Problem with Massey here is not good experience with service either. Cat seemed good but a friend had a later model cat that took several service calls to get fixed---tbe tech said they should trade it off!
Maybe the somewhat local ( 35 miles) Case NH service would be OK.
Fendt-no support nearby.
All viable choices perhaps, I really want front and cab susp, quiet cab, and front 3pt/PTO ready.

The 7215R was a dissappointing test drive, are the 8R's really that different? The cabs look the same.
I have even talked to a dealer about a used 8360R---whoa! 32000 lbs on row tires? Tracks may be an option. Some here have called them one wheeled tractors because of the turning issues.
I would use a newer ride on grain cart, triple disc mower, snow blower, big sq/baler, row work etc. It would be a backup planting tractor also if big enough. Maybe some field tillage in my no till oxy-moron hybrid system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)