AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's it worth 98 Chevy 2500 4x4
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

darb
Posted 4/19/2014 14:43 (#3825179 - in reply to #3824993)
Subject: RE: What's it worth 98 Chevy 2500 4x4

EC Indiana
Last fall, I sold a one family owner 97 with 81k miles. K2500 ext cab. Very nice. Recent tires, breaks, drums, rotors. Had just fixed one cab corner. Short bed. 373 rears. Very straight truck. $7750.

The truck you are looking at, to me, would be worth more because it is a long bed and 410 rear. I would not be surprised to see someone asking $10+ for that truck. I think Kelly and nada a worthless trying to place a value on a truck like that. It is also very difficult to find comparibles because that is a rare find and very desirable truck.

All that being said, I like those old trucks, but they do not have the brakes, lights, power, etc of the newer ones. For as good of shape and low of miles as the one I sold had, I was surprised when I looked back at what it was costing me in maintenance and small repairs. Still, if I ran across one like you are looking at, I would be tempted to try to get it bought. If ours would have had a long bed and 410 gears I would have put a flatbed or a service body on it and kept it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)