AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chain Research
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hf213
Posted 4/19/2014 12:27 (#3825012 - in reply to #3824690)
Subject: RE: Chain Research

Pretty neat explanation Tedbear,

It still amazes me how they surveyed this country in the early days and how accurate they were without any electronic assistance, I am thinking that George Washington was a surveyor before he became president in the mid 1700's. Now think of all the rough terrain that had to be crossed, trees and hills, rivers, etc. and still make land portions come out, and how much of this land borders was not square or rectangular ????
..but then again they were not in a hurry to get done to take kids to practice, go here or there, or get home to watch a TV show. :-)

I laughed a while back when Datyerdog nailed me when I said my shop being about 40 rods from my house this winter because it snowed ,blowed, and drifted too much to get my pickup out, so I walked to it, and he said I told my age by talking in rods......hahahahahah

I think too, that more people talk in feet or yards for short distance ( even when tiling ) , but its fun to catch the city people off guard on this sometimes if you tell them a "rod" measurement...

Rog
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)