AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Syngenta's 3122 trait
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

greentrax
Posted 4/17/2014 22:56 (#3822771 - in reply to #3822548)
Subject: RE: Syngenta's 3122 trait - Wrong! Whose fault will beans be?

Wheat77 - 4/17/2014 21:14

Wow, Red Power get yourself educated on the rules in todays marketplace. The only company selling
these unapproved traits is Syngenta. M and P only sell hybrids approved in the major markets.

This is costing the US farmer big time, you should know that, ask ADM what they are buying, these
unapproved products are on the forbidden list. China also bans DDG's with the unapproved traits.
I don't agree with it, but that is the way it is.

Wow! Easy on ole Red Power.... "Rules in todays marketplace"? Such as adapt/change all approval processes and trait launches each time a new customer decides they need corn?

"The only company selling these unapproved traits is Syngenta. M and P only sell hybrids approved in the major markets." Not true - Pioneer just launched hybrids containing Viptera.
DuPont Pioneer releases Optimum Leptra hybrid
http://www.agprofessional.com/news/DuPont-Pioneer-releases-Optimum-...

Also, I assume in "major markets" you would include European Union? You realize that Smartstax corn hybrids were not approved there for 3 years at planting time (2011, 2012, 2013)?
Check this link for all of the products not approved in EU including M's Smartstax, Drought Guard and many P offerings...
http://www.ncga.com/for-farmers/know-before-you-grow/trait-table

Now that they have cancelled a bunch of beans - whose fault will that be? Monsanto, because of Roudup Ready/RR2? CMon' - China is just a bad customer, bad but necessary I will agree.

Chinese importers default on 10 U.S., Brazilian soy cargoes -sources
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/10/china-soybeans-defaults-i...

It's more likely they just wanted out of higher priced contracts, market falls due to customers bailing on contracts - NOT due to any trait or company! Not Xtend or Enlist soybeans either (also not approved in China)!

Know the facts, don't always assume the guy at the elevator or coffee shop is right, and surely don't spread misinformation...

If anything, we should have a beef with the fact that EU and China approval are required for grain delivery to many elevators and not required for a trait is launched. EU and China are said to be "irratic" in their approval process so they've not been required to have approved a trait prior to NCGA blessing a trait launch (Viptera, Duracade, DroughtGard, Smartstax). If anything there is a broken link between our grower's associations(who set trait launch guidelines for all companies) and our grain trade associations.

I want all of these technologies to be available for my use and accepted at my local elevator,

Wheat, as for your last line in previous post "they are not competitive with yield". I beg to differ - at least on my farm in NC Illinois. I grow Monsanto and Syngenta products and both have good products for my farm (around 250 bu field averages last year).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)