AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wetland Credits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 4/17/2014 17:53 (#3822158 - in reply to #3821989)
Subject: RE: Wetland Credits

central - east central Minnesota -

Olly4 - 4/17/2014 14:46 I have a farm that we cant seem to find a way to drain and were looking at other options. The farm has some FW's so I was wondering if anyone has dealt with converting farmable wetlands into wetland credits and selling them. If so what was the process like and where to get started. I live in western Mn.

In some areas of Mn - wetland credits (wc) are much sought after and worth a lot. If I recall, the credits have to be close to where the exchange is happening (for example: most wc's around Mpls (Hennepin Co), need to happen very close in or just outside the suburbs). So, your wc's would not have much value, if there isn't much of any development in your county, your wc's sit there and have little to no value.

If I wanted to use or buy your wc's - I couldn't. I'd be forced to purchase/trade for more expensive wc's, closer to the wetland I'm destroying.

We are currently working on rebuilding a Twp road, that has several swamps (Oop's, wetlands) on each side of it (small less then 1/4 acre wetlands on each side of the road with culvert between), the swaps have to be as close to our location as possible - Idea is, you are not eliminating wetlands in your local area. 

So, depending on how far "out", western Mn is, they may have little to no interest.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)