AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My son has a lot to Learn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rHiNoBaLlS
Posted 4/16/2014 16:37 (#3820138 - in reply to #3820117)
Subject: RE: My son has a lot to Learn

WC MN
ndsu84 - 4/16/2014 16:18

That's great! I don't understand all this delivery stuff. Farmers are getting a little too self important, and lazy. Honestly, the farmers here were doing everything right 40 years ago, the young guys just have to not screw it up!

Oh, this will be good.....

I have my fertilizer delivered because I have now way to haul it or store it economically... I pick up my seed. I have my chemical delivered. The "delivery charge" is less than what I would make in town at my "real job". So how does that make us younger generation lazy by not picking up ourselves? Why should I put wear and tear on my vehicles hauling chemical around? Is not ok that the coop employees a delivery driver?

Hell, my grandpa and his boys ran close to 1k acres back in the 80's. We handled all our fertilizer in bags (I was roughly 9 ish). Guess what? They delivered that to the farm.

And as far as the "younger generation" "not screwing it up". Come on.... really? I know PLENTY of neighbors that struggled, lost money, lost the farm and one that hung himself because he was about to lose the farm. My dad sold out his interest in the "family farm" 15 years ago to his brother. You could say he "screwed it up". I don't look at that way. He got a better paying job (3 actually) and was able to spend more time with his 5 kids. Was I mad we moved off the farm ? Yes, but he did what he had to do.

Buy hey, you old guys have it all figured out so I will go back to my "real job" and wait for the snow to melt so I can pay the coop to come out and deliver AND spread my fertilizer!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)