AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My son has a lot to Learn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 4/16/2014 14:22 (#3819992 - in reply to #3819988)
Subject: RE: My son has a lot to Learn

Middlesex County, Ontario
JD_OVER_CASE - 4/16/2014 15:20

Through the eyes of an OLD man:

So my son left his account open so I thought I would Post Something. I have been farming my whole life for about 55 years and if you do the math that would put me in about my 70's. Heck whats age anyways, its just a number. I have built up my farm from 35 tillable acres to a little more then a 1,000 acres that I own through hard work, sweat, and tears. We used to pick up our own seed, chemical, fertilizer, and anything else that we needed for the farm. Now days it seems like everything is delivered to the farm. My son and others will complain when they order their seed (48-12 AR) in September and not get it, or it will come as 48-12 AR2. Son I remember times when i was just happy to have seed to plant. Now I was also reading a "Post i think its called" about this sales men that went to this guys place and said he wouldn't buy from him because he drives a new truck. Son I remember when we thought we were going to lose our house and the whole farm in the early 80's. Your dad had loans at the bank that were 19%. PROFIT is a good thing. PROFIT means you can stay in business. PROFIT means your employees will be able to support THEIR families as well. PROFIT means your local community will be able to survive. Remember when you rented that 80 for $375.00 and acre and I told you not too. It is not your dealers fault you made your margins tight. This is AMERICA and if you think somebody is charging you too much for a product you are lucky you live in AMERICA. You can find another dealer of YOUR choice.

Your dad might be old and will screw up your 2630 screen in the fall when we combine, but just remember that you are blessed by the good lord and things can always be worse.

Signed your DAD. Son and others you still have a lot to learn.

Quoted so your son can't edit your post when he sees this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)