AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Peanuts. Fungicide in furrow?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 4/16/2014 08:21 (#3819417)
Subject: Peanuts. Fungicide in furrow?

South Georgia
Ever since UGA's Dr. Kemerait's trial a few years ago finding white mold suppression in a trial that only had Proline applied in furrow, then no other white mold material applied, I've kicked around the idea of adding an in furrow fungicide. Are very many peanut growers using one? I'm currently applying liquid inoculant in furrow, and assuming there's no problem mixing the two, I may be interested in trying it.

If you've done it, do you think you saw results? What product did you use? Not sure on the cost of Proline, although I know it's expensive. I could do Abound for about $9/acre (twin rows).

For years I stuck with the bargain basement fungicide program of generic chlorothalonil and generic tebuconizole, until a few years ago I ended up with a pretty bad white mold problem. The following year I switched to one of the top shelf programs, and have used them ever since. Have used the Bayer Provost program, and the Nichino Artisan program, both successfully, although I think that Artisan has worked better for me. These programs are costing around $80 an acre or so.

I'm curious, since Dr. Kemerait saw measurable white mold control from only one in furrow fungicide application, if adding that to my program may allow cheaper materials to be used the rest of the season.

I'm also curious about Abound, as I understand it's going off patent, so I expect that there will be some generics available at some point. Maybe not this growing season, but maybe?

Thanks for any advice,
Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)