AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Power beyond port question......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Redwrench
Posted 4/15/2014 07:56 (#3817154 - in reply to #3816786)
Subject: RE: Power beyond port question......

Speed - 4/14/2014 22:13
Not sure about a case tractor but on a deere I removed the load sense line from the pressure line. With the vacuum motors kicked in they will keep the pressure even and not let pressure jump all over the place.

I'm not sure about the Deere planter; don't even know what model he is running. But based on your reply, I guess that means that the Deere vac motors circuit requires more operating pressure than the VR drives. If so, a power-beyond to the VR's would probably work OK with this tractor. The entire PB circuit is nothing but an extension of the supply galley, motor return, and load-sense signal galley from the remote center manifold. If the vacs require more pressure than the VRs, the PFC pump will be commanded to keep the supply galley flow/pressure up to that level, regardless of the flow going to the VR.

What we DON'T want is a LS signal back to the power-beyond that isn't generated by a "controlled" circuit. That is in effect a simple feedback loop that immediately kicks the PFC pump up to high-pressure standby (my fire hose example.)

Did you have any VR circuit flow/pressure problems with your hookup at lower vacuum settings and higher ground speeds?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)