AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 4/14/2014 17:22 (#3815824 - in reply to #3815786)
Subject: RE: 3116 Cat Injection problems (editted)

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

You can go to the hardware store and get some clear plastic tubing, and that can be used as a sight glass-type material. BUT, I don't know if your fitting are JIC (37 degree flare) of if they are ORFS style (O-Ring Face Seal).

ORFS style, might be a little harder for you to find fittings to screw into that hardware store clear plastic hose (and probably use hose clamps on the outside, too)

I'm pretty sure a NAPA/ JD / IHC store will have JIC fittings. My guess is that you would purchase 3/8" ID clear hose and get the thick wall stuff, if it is available. For this job, I would worry about pressure, because you will probably mount supply clear tubing, before transfer pump = suction; then probably mount return tubing after fuel return check valve = very little resistance going back to fuel tank.

Edit: On last photo, that engine is using #6 JIC fitting, for both return and supply (inlet) = should be able to add clear plastic tubing to those fittings.

Special note: Fuel needs to travel "Uphill" in any type of sight glass, to get an accurate view = this forces any possible air bubbles(some air bubbles are created just during the installation of sight glasses) thru the system

Edited by 4WD 4/14/2014 17:35

(clear tubing.jpg)

(sightglass.jpg)

(fuel system sight glasses.jpg)

(fuel_pump_3116 fuel routing_in paint program.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments clear tubing.jpg (5KB - 789 downloads)
Attachments sightglass.jpg (3KB - 791 downloads)
Attachments fuel system sight glasses.jpg (75KB - 800 downloads)
Attachments fuel_pump_3116 fuel routing_in paint program.jpg (72KB - 865 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)