AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to do about underground gas line may come through my farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

coolhand
Posted 4/13/2014 21:32 (#3814259 - in reply to #3814007)
Subject: RE: What to do about underground gas line may come through my farm

Thats a big line. Really big.
Some lines around here are low pressure poly that you know they won't use forever so you kinda almost want them to put in to collect damages on them. $8-$12/foot of line on a thirty foot ROW is common on those. They'll go round you with those if ask much more.
Bigger steel ones up to 30 inch lines are kinda the same deal, they'll go around sort of if you push too much on $$$. They're high pressure though so if they go on the neighbors you kinda think "I didn't need that here anyway". $15-20 pretty common on those.
A 42" line they are gonna have a couple routes layed out and stick to the one that has the least resistance, in terms of the balance between resistance from landholders and resitance from topography. If the route they pick comes across you with a 42" line, they're gonna come across you. Very little chance they go around. Theyll tell you they're giving $8/foot or maybe they'll say $15, who knows, then theyll make you think that's all they'll pay and all the neighbors are taking it. You can always get more. At least 20%. Maybe double their offer. A 42" IMO needs to have at least $25/foot or a fights coming. Try for $35 and tell us how it goes. At $25/foot of a 30 foot rightofway is $36300/acre. You shouldn't have to pay income on it either. Make sure it's listed as damages. It has damaged the value of the rest of your property as much or more than the amount they'll pay you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)