AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question on Bundy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t-boss
Posted 4/12/2014 21:15 (#3811953 - in reply to #3811877)
Subject: RE: Question on Bundy

sc ia
trippjn - 4/12/2014 20:43

So how does one continue to make a lease payments when the BLM has kicked someone out? Who do you pay? They would look at you and say that there is no contract. We aren't taking money and you can't graze cattle. Go take your 100+ year old way of life and start over somewhere else because we are government and we need to have this land. Am I missing something? Do I not correctly understand how the grazing lease works?

I think you're right. The way I understand it the blm ended the grazing agreement in 1994 so Bundy didn't owe. However, he also didn't remove his cattle off blm land and they didn't fence off his cattle. He probably owns some of the land, where the ranch house is, where the water is, cattle facilities etc. and all that might only be 5% of the total land. His land isn't worth much without the blm and the blm land isn't worth much without Bundy's land. The feds have forced out all the other ranchers in the county and he's the only one left. (You guys out west fill free to correct me where I'm wrong)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)