AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monsanto...Whats the big deal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GWS
Posted 4/11/2014 06:13 (#3809131 - in reply to #3808661)
Subject: RE: Monsanto...Whats the big deal?

Maybe we can end this thread with a little Shakespeare? "Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Monsanto behaves entirely predictably, They're not in the altruism business. How can anyone get mad at a snake for acting like a snake? By the same token, neither should we be mad at people for getting a little feisty when they perceive someone is messing with their food supply. Wariness regarding what we eat has kept us alive as a species for thousands of years. What bothers me is what I see as misplaced passion. The real problem with our food supply isn't that it's unsafe, but that it's too plentiful and too cheap. People gorge themselves on fat, sugar, and sodium like so many hogs with all the attendant health problems, yet all we hear is that "Monsanto is killing us!".
I happen to grow conventional corn and beans then grind and mix them with minerals for producers who sell beef, pork, poultry, etc., to the public, so that they can say their products are GMO-free. Business is good. Thank you Monsanto.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)