AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monsanto...Whats the big deal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MS Dirty
Posted 4/10/2014 18:55 (#3808300 - in reply to #3807843)
Subject: RE: Monsanto...Whats the big deal?

NE Miss
I think they have done a terrible PR job with their products. I can't remember at anytime them widely promoting the research which was done prior to the release of the GMOs. I'm sure there must have been some research pertaining to the safety of their products and they have done a poor job of communicating that.

As far as the replanting seed grown on your own farm, it's their technology. They didn't TAKE any rights from anyone. When you invest billions in creating a product, then you can choose what you charge for it, and if it's too high then don't buy it. They brought a good product to market and it performed. If it didn't they would have failed. You guys claiming you hate Monsanto are probably sitting at home typing it on an Apple iPad computer or using a Microsoft operating system, all of which are corporations who have made billions off the general public by bringing good products to the market place. But for most of my adult life I really didn't have a choice if I got a computer setup with Windows or not cause there were no other GOOD options, but I don't hate them for it. Word, a Excel, and PowerPoint are all useful tools, just like RR, BT, and soon Dicamba traits.

Now I will say that they brought the resistant issues on themselves. There are countless research articles, fund from the 90s claiming you could use roundup only on crops with no adverse effects. Well I guess at the time, resistance wasn't considered adverse. Pigweed taught them that lesson and now they are singing a different tune.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)