AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monsanto...Whats the big deal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Chimel
Posted 4/10/2014 13:38 (#3807964 - in reply to #3807843)
Subject: RE: Monsanto...Whats the big deal?

Monsanto only gets the hate they created for themselves.
Their communication on GMOs with the general public has been abysmal, truly the worst corporate PR I can think of. Add to that their historical culture of lying to governments and to the public about older chemical compounds that resulted in many deaths and diseases, you should understand why they have a long way to go before restoring the trust of the public. I have been following the GMO debate for years, they still have absolutely no clue that they caused the general public to be against GMOs and no clue why either: They don't seem to be aware of all the anti-GMO arguments, most of which are easy to debunk, have no sensibility of the public, they keep answering broadly without much proof that people can trust and understand, they keep presenting themselves as the saviors of the world, there is this revolving door policy between Monsanto and the USDA, FDA and/or EPA agencies. Heck, one vice president was even CEO or something of the company that they bought which created aspartame, a GM product. And I am probably forgetting many other reasons.

Only Monsanto is to blame for the hate against Monsanto and against GMOs, they spent years unknowingly personifying the villain, it's easy to understand why other biotech companies don't experience the same hate. But hey, they seem to be on the way to redemption: After holding unrivaled the spot for worst corporation for years, they have just been overtaken by Comcast, as voted by consumers. Monsanto is only number two now!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)