AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dave Hula world corn yeild record
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DidSomeoneSayDonuts
Posted 4/10/2014 09:44 (#3807665 - in reply to #3807519)
Subject: RE: Dave Hula world corn yeild record

waaaay east central Colorado
By way of full disclosure: I'm a regional rep for BioVante, so take whatever I say through that filter.

I started using BioVante products last year after Phillip came to the area and did his presentation. We did some seed treatments and some foliar stuff. We weighed up some of the seed treatments on my farm and a neighbors farm, and saw a 15 bushel response and a 22 bushel response, respectively. Those were the only two things that were weighed, as I was planning on leaning back on my farm management software to analyze the great big world. In the data analysis, we were not able to quantify any statistically significant differences. Looking back, I realize now that I was probably putting too much faith in the yield monitor without having a way to "calibrate" its findings. This year we are going to weigh EVERYTHING and use the data analysis as a backup tool.

Visually and via kernel counts, there were positive differences across most of the trials that I conducted. Some treatments were more visually striking than others, and some, frankly, had no visual response. End the "anecdotal evidence" portion :)

All of the products that I have used handle exactly as advertised. All flow exceptionally well, with no chunks. Be warned about the BioRed and especially the BioFlex products... I accuse Phillip of having BioVante as a secondary business to his primary business, which is a porta-potty pump service exclusively for rock concerts. What I'm trying to say is, they smell a little bit. Try not to get any on you ;)

The BioVante philosophy isn't for everyone, and there probably will be different benefits from one grower to another. The thing that Phillip does that I really appreciate is that he doesn't try to oversell you on anything. After hearing his initial presentation, I was all gung-ho and wanted to put every acre full-bore, but Phillip held me back and actually WOULDN'T sell me that much product. He wants you to TEST his products and make it prove itself out before committing a whole bunch of money. That commitment to integrity really impressed me initially, and continues to impress me. That same dedication to integrity is found all the way through the company. These guys aren't wanting to make a quick sale, they are wanting to establish and build relationships, and along the way try to help us raise better crops.

I had the opportunity to ride around with Phillip for about a week. I can honestly say that I've never thought so much (insert hurtful joke here ;) ) in such a short amount of time. Take that for what it's worth...

Looking back over these ramblings, it doesn't look like I really answered any questions to the OP other than, "Yes, I've used it". If you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to try to answer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)