AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader power cable to modules.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/8/2014 07:48 (#3803771 - in reply to #3803281)
Subject: RE: Agleader power cable to modules.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ag Leader recommends "lying" about the hitch length when using SureVacs. They supply a chart with various populations and row widths to come up with amount to subtract from the true hitch length. In the documentation, they indicate that this incorrect length may have determenatal effects of other products such as my spray tips. The suggestion in the documentation is to create a separate implement.

With the current firmware on the Integra I was able to create a planting scenario with all the information concerning the planting portion of the operation and use a shortened hitch length. When I went to the Liquid portion I was was presented with the hitch length question again so I just used the actual hitch length to the spray tips for that portion.

I can use a different hitch length yet for the fertilizer portion although this would only affect the injection portion in my situation since the fertilizer is being delivered by a ground driven pump and has no electric shutoff on it. I guess I could get fancier yet and use a 3-way electric valve so that the fertilizer is returned to the inlet of the pump. This bypass valve could be triggered by one of the Aux pins on that Liquid module. I don't think that is so necessary since the extra fertilizer and lack of insecticide for a bit on the next pass is not too critical.

Yes, changing the offsets and time delays are both ways to affect the timing of autoswath. My guess for SureVacs is that the timing values have limits which may not allow enough lead time. Shortening the hitch dimension by the value in the chart may have been the easiest way to explain the situation since the timing with SureVacs depends on the population where timing with "real" clutches does not.

I was at a Deere planter meeting the other day and the speaker indicated the need to be consistent with your headland procedures. I am very much in agreement with that statement. I have heard stories where the performance is good with one driver and then not so good when someone else takes over.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)