AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Gurus (aka Guidance/Tracking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Canucker
Posted 4/5/2014 12:22 (#3798698 - in reply to #3798681)
Subject: RE: Trimble Gurus (aka Guidance/Tracking

Depends on the accuracy and speed. All the systems are rated on a pass to pass within 15 minutes. So if you're going 4mph on a quarter section you travel 1 mile back and forth. That's 15 minutes. If you're going on the long side of a half section you'll travel the 2 miles in 30 minutes, so you could be 12-16" off and still be in spec.

On the flip side of that coin, if you use the little autonomous antenna that comes with the 250 and you're on a quad I'll assume you're going relatively short distances and travelling fairly quickly. If you're back and forth in 3-5 minutes it PROBABLY will be good enough. You can do a drift test on it by making an A-B line and staying put for 15 minutes and watch how far offline it moves and how quickly. The antenna upgrade kit can be added later if you need more precision.

As for mounting, I've never done a quad, but I'd want the lightbar on the front so it's easier to follow and put the antenna somewhere that you can mount it with the built-in magnet. Make sure the cables are secured so they don't get caught on anything and get ripped.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)