AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez-Steer 500 Wanders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

arcticcatfarmer
Posted 4/5/2014 07:19 (#3798122 - in reply to #3797810)
Subject: RE: Ez-Steer 500 Wanders

Tip of the Thumb of Michigan

The ezsteer works very well.  I have 2 and it just  takes time sometimes.  The setting for the orientation of the t2 is there in the ezsteer set up wizard.  Go to this link and it will download the manual for the ezsteer.  Go to page 24 and it shows the spot.  You must make sure that is correct or nothing will work right. 

It took me a while to dial in our articulated.  At first I moved the antenna (on recommendation) over the front axle.  I just have it stuck magnetically to the hood of our jd 8870.  That helped and the cab doesn't bother gps quality.  Then I kept messing with the wheel base and angle per turn.  That's  how I found that doubling the wheel base made it perform better.  It just seemed to lag in steering speed.  I had messed with all the other settings and that was the one that would make it steer like I thought it should.  It was a frustrating long process, but now it works great. 

One thing that helps it get a straight line to start it to be nearly straight when engaging.  Usually I engage as you watch the line getting very close on the screen so it kind of runs into the line at it's current heading.  If it goes passed and has to steer back you have more of the weaving to get started.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)