AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grow Up.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 4/4/2014 16:15 (#3797003 - in reply to #3796407)
Subject: Well said.......kudos...........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

Twice in my life I have had potential clients come in "to see if they wanted to employ us"......... and gave me crap about how great they were.

Each started out with something along the lines of "Here is what you're going to do for me"......and "I know the tax law, and therefore you will do what I want you to do".

Being in a courteous mood those days (I must have been really tired)........they were allowed to ramble for about 5 minutes.......at the end of which I said........"seems you have it all lined up.......it has been nice listening to you.......our conversation is at its end.  I have forgotten more tax law than you have learned."

When they still sat there.............

"If you choose to utilize our talents, here is the way it will be played.......we agree to (etc etc etc), and you agree to (etc etc etc).  I will never put you into harm's way without telling you ahead of time, and if it is over the line, I will not do it, regardless of what you want."

That was over ten years ago.........Both guys are still good clients.

And.......just by coincidence.......both were/are farmers.

And.........each of them realize that in these last ten years, I have saved them at least 25 times our fees in just a few specific transactions.

People need to ask themselves why they are where they are, and why others are where they are, before blowing off about how "you work for me and, and, and......."

Well said, Brad.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)