AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glonass & JD??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Burned Out
Posted 4/4/2014 15:43 (#3796956 - in reply to #3795937)
Subject: RE: Glonass & JD??

A year or two ago, he bought a bunch of Deere GPS equipment. Now he claims everyone who buys Deere GPS equipment is an idiot.

I guess timing is important.

There are many manufacturers that do a good job in this business. Are any of them perfect? No. Certainly some may have advantages in certain areas, or have problems in others.

Some of us are becoming more dependent on the technology. Does that mean I can't plant behind a set of markers? Absolutely not. Does it mean that I want to give up my guidance and go back to markers? Absolutely not.

Not everybody is going to buy the same equipment. To argue that others are 'idiots' because they don't agree with your selection of product, well, in my mind it helps me to establish the value of their opinions.

I buy technology where it cash flows or helps me do a better job of farming. Does everything cash flow? No. Some stuff I just want, because it makes my job easier. Or sometimes I just want stuff. Most folks have hobbies where they spend some money. That is where I put some of my justification for stuff I want.

My equipment does not run Glonass. I don't have a problem with shading, not many trees around the edges of my land. Would I like new receivers? Sure. Can I justify them? No. Too many other things ahead of that on the list.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)