AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez-Steer 500 Wanders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

irbigb
Posted 4/4/2014 12:29 (#3796671)
Subject: Ez-Steer 500 Wanders

Hey all, been using the Ez-steer 500 system we hooked up for about 2 weeks now, it seems to work pretty well for the most part however, it seems to not hold a very straight line compared to what I have seen from other people's lines. I know some guys are using system but virtually everyone I have talked to is using a free subscription GPS like WAAS or FS1 but their lines look much better. I set my overlap at 12" which seems to be about right but I would have thought the line would be a little bit straighter when running AB lines and such. I also notice that when I get to a corner and loop around to return to the AB line, if I engage the auto steer at any sort of angle it will always over correct itself and then make several small S-turns to get back onto the main line, sometimes even leaving a skip, the only way I have been able to get around this with some equipment is to make 3 circuits and then I can make my turns more gradual, is there something in the Calibration wizard I need to change for that or is that just going to happen with an older tractor that doesn't turn fast enough when turning around?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)