AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Critique my fertility program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

winner2011
Posted 4/3/2014 20:55 (#3795326)
Subject: Critique my fertility program

Northwest Illinois
Attached is a sample from one field done by zones. I've got it sampled in grids also just to compare but that's another story as I think it might just be to much info and plan on sticking with one sample. Adjusting my ca mg ratio is a long term goal, but this field did not get a gypsum app this fall like I would've liked. Most other acres did. This fall it did get 200# of ams with 10# of zinc sulfate. Other years I spread p,k, 10 lbs of elemental s and spread hi cal lime one time in 7 years. With the high mg levels, how much nitrogen is appropriate for high yielding corn. 2013 was 1 lb per bushel. My program will be as follows for 2014. 200 units of nh3, 10 gallons of 32% with 5 gallons of ats (herbicide), 5 gallons of 32% + 5 gallons ats dribbled 2 by 0 (planting), 2.5 gallons of riser 7-17-3 with a qt of chelates zn, and a pint of accomplish (in furrow), and maybe 10 gallons of kts through pivot. This is not the program on all fields I might add as it will be a little pricey but shooting for 300 and it's owned ground. 2013 was 275 with like I said only 10 lbs of elemental s. Am I going over board on sulfur? Will the zinc be available? What timing for kts?

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (40KB - 79 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)